Thursday, March 3, 2016

MY TIME IS SHORT

I have been writing these posts daily for over six years, and according to the blog.spot count, this is my 2309th posting.  At the moment, my health has me thinking there may not be many more of these in me.  When I began, blogging was an outreach ministry, suggested by my Pastor, so that my remaining days in this "valley" will have purpose, and that being, to tell as many people as possible about Jesus, my wonderful Savior, and His offer of the free gift of salvation to any and all who would trust in Him (Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 10:8-13).  I can testify that, while I was still an atheist, God worked out an elaborate series of events, with complex timing, so that I could deny Him no longer!  On January 31st, 1971, I came to faith in Jesus Christ, and my life began changing as the Father began "reworking me" into the likeness of His dear Son (Rom. 8:28-29; Phil. 1:6); His work will be completed when I, at long last, stand before Jesus Himself (1 Jn. 3:2)!  I am sure I will only be standing because He will tell me to get up from my knees as I bow before Him!

Pastor Brian, who set up this blog for me (I am computer-challenged), did so because I had refused to allow anyone to pray for my recovery from multiple blood clots in my lungs, unless I had some way to continue spreading the Gospel, the Good News.  The doctor told me that unless I was admitted immediately, I probably would not live through the night.  After lying for four days in a hospital bed, I had a "vena-cava filter" (not sure of the spelling), implanted, and it has apparently worked well enough to keep me going.  But now, the swelling in my legs due, to a weak heart, has risen to the middle of my thigh, and although very painful, the doctors have pretty much told me there is nothing they can do.  Death is inevitable.  At seventy-three, and based upon the way this world is picking up momentum in its own self-destruction, I am longing for that day when I see the One in Whom I have placed my trust!  I am not looking forward to the process, but the final outcome is said to be "out of this world!"

Recent events involving Russia, Turkey, Syria, Iran, North Korea, the deliberate weakening of the U.S. military, and the rise of ISIS (yes Mr. President, it is ISIS, not ISIL), the world appears to be on the verge of all-out world war.  The stage is being set for the Antichrist to make his covenant with Israel (Dan. 9:24-27), and the "king of the North," the "king of the South," and the "kings of the East," to gather to fight out what is known as the "Battle of Armageddon" (Mt. 24:1-28; Rev. 6:1 - 16:16; etc.).  Add to that, America has suffered nearly eight years under a "closeted Islamist," has seen the Supreme Court and the Congress fail to keep him in check, the Constitution become a worthless document, along with a horrible future with either Hillary or Donald as (God forbid!) Obama's replacement!  Why would any born again believer not long for Christ to gather God's children (Jn. 14:1-3; 1 Th. 4:13-18; etc.)?!  Like the Apostle Paul before me, to say:  "We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord" (2 Cor. 5:8)! 

So, regardless of whether I am forced to stop by health issues, or be removed by the Rapture of God's children (represented by the Church - Rev. 3:7-13), I am ready to go home!  I would prefer my brethren leave with me, but if I must precede you all, so be it.  I trust my God, my Savior, my Lord!
 
MaranathaAmen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment