ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, WHAT DOES MAN DESERVE?
* Ezekiel 18:4 - "Behold, all souls are Mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is Mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die."
* Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
* Romans 5:12 - "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."
* Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death...."
BUT GOD OFFERS MAN BOTH MERCY AND GRACE IN CHRIST
MERCY DEFINED: BELIEVERS NOT GETTING WHAT WE DESERVE* Psalm 6:4 - "Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for Thy mercies' sake."
* Psalm 31:16 - "Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant: save me for Thy mercies' sake."
* Psalm 109:26 - "Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to Thy mercy."
* Titus 3:5 - "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."
GRACE DEFINED: BELIEVERS GETTING WHAT WE DO NOT DESERVE
* Romans 4:16 - "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all."
* Romans 11:6 - "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work."
* Ephesians 2:5, 8 - "Even when we were dead in sins, (God) hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."
HOW CAN A JUST GOD OFFER MAN BOTH MERCY AND GRACE
* John 3:14-18 - "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
* Romans 3:24-26 - "Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."
BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YOU WILL BE SAVED!