Wednesday, July 20, 2016

JESUS IS GOD

In the Old Testament, God identified Himself:  "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Ex. 3:14).  The Hebrew word is  יְהֹוָה (Yĕhovah), and it is translated LORD 6509 times, GOD 4 times, and JEHOVAH 4 times according to  Strong's Concordance of the King James Version of the Bible. In his New Testament Gospel, the Apostle John clearly identified Jesus as "I AM."  Here are a few examples:

John 5:43 - "I AM Come in My Father's Name, and ye receive Me not:  if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

John 6:35 - "And Jesus said unto them, I AM The Bread of Life:  he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst."

John 8:12 - "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM The Light of the World: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." 

John 8:58 - "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM."

John 9:5 - "As long as I am in the world, I AM The Light of the World."

John 10:9 - "I AM The Door:  by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

John 10:11- "I AM The Good Shepherd:  the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep."

John 10:36 - "Say ye of Him, Whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I AM The Son of God?"

John 11:25 - "Jesus said unto her, I AM The Resurrection, and the Life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."

John 13:13 - "Ye call Me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I AM."

John 14:6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I AM The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me."

John 15:1 - "I AM The True Vine, and My Father is the Husbandman."

John 15:5 - I AM The Vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing."

John 18:5-6 - "They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I AM. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.  As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM, they went backward, and fell to the ground. -

John 18:37 - "Pilate therefore said unto Him, Art Thou a king then?  Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I AM a King.  To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth.  Every one that is of the truth heareth My voice."

John 19:21 - "Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that He said, I AM King of the Jews."

In the first verse of John's Gospel, he  declares that Jesus is truly God.  He wrote:  "In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God."  And just so we understand Who he means by "The Word," in verse fourteen, he wrote:  "And The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of The Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." 


When you believe in the Jesus of the Bible, you are believing  in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment