Thursday, April 4, 2019

JESUS: HE IS THE LORD WHO SAVES!


JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD, IS MY SAVIOR!

The title, "Savior" appears a total of 37 times in the entire King James Version of the Bible; here are a few examples:


God is the Savior

2 Samuel 22:3 - The God of my rock; in Him will I trust:  He is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Savior; You save me from violence.  

Psalm 106:21They forgot God their Savior, Who had done great things in Egypt....

Isaiah 43:3, 11 - For I AM the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior:  I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for you. - - - I, even I, AM the LORD; and beside Me there is no savior.
Isaiah 45:15, 21 - Verily You are a God Who hides Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior. - - - Tell you, and bring them near; yes, let them take counsel together:  who has declared this from ancient time?  Who has told it from that time?  Have not I the LORD?  And there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me.

Isaiah 49:26 - And I will feed them that oppress you with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine:  and all flesh shall know that I AM the LORD your Savior and you Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Hosea 13:4Yet I AM the LORD your God from the land of Egypt, and you shall know no god but Me:  for there is no savior beside Me.


Jesus is the Savior 

Luke 2:11 - For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

John 4:42And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of your saying:  for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.

Philippians 3:20For our conversation (our governing authority) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ....


Titus 1:4 - To Titus, mine own son after the common faith:  Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.

Titus 2:13-14 - Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;  Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 John 4:14-15 - And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God.

JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD, IS MY LORD!

The title, "Lord," appears 7274 times in the Old Testament of the King James Version; of those, 6510 are written with all caps indicating that God is the "I AM, the self-existing One":

Exodus 3:13-14 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and He said, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.

The title "Lord," appears 735 times in the New Testament of the King James Version!  Here are a few examples where Jesus identified Himself as the Lord:

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.  Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name?  And in Your name have cast out devils?  And in Your name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, you who work iniquity.

Matthew 22:41-45 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think you of Christ?  Whose son is He?  They say unto Him, The Son of David.  He said unto them, How then does David in Spirit call Him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, You sit here at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool?  If David then called Him Lord, how is He his son?

John 9:35-38Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Do you believe on the Son of God?  He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe on Him?  And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen Him, and it is He Who talks with you.  And he said, Lord, I believe.  And he worshipped Him.

John 13:13-14 - You call Me Master and Lord:  and you say well; for so I AM.  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; you also ought to wash one another's feet.



JESUS IS BOTH LORD AND SAVIOR!

2 Peter 1:11 - For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 2:20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2 Peter 3:2, 18 - That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Savior: - - - But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and for ever.  Amen.




WHEN YOU ACCEPT THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE,


YOU ACCEPT HIM AS THE LORD WHO SAVES!


No comments:

Post a Comment