Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CHRISTIAN RESOURCES

When we place our trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, the Word of God says we are born again (Jn. 3:3-18; 1 Pet. 1:23).  Does that mean we are perfect?  No!  It means we will have tribulation, and be hated by those who have not accepted Jesus (Jn. 16:33; 17:14).  It means we will be tempted by the world, by our own flesh, and by Satan (Eph. 6:11-12; 1 Jn. 2:16).  We will have a choice between following the world, yielding to the temptations of our own flesh, and listening to Satan; OR following Jesus ("follow Me" 17x in the Gospels), yielding our own flesh to His Word (Ps. 119:11, 42, 67, 101; Jn. 17:14; Rev. 3:8), and listening to the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:1-9; Gal. 5:16)!

Our resources are:

Jesus, our Role Model:  "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross" (Phil. 2:5-8).  "The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations" (Ps. 33:11).  "There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand" (Prov. 19:21).

The Word of God, our Guide Book:  "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in Thy Word.  Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept Thy Word.  I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Thy Word (Ps. 119:11, 42, 67, 101; Acts 17:11; 1 Thes. 5:21).  "Thy Testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors" (Ps. 119:24).

The Holy Spirit, our Counselor:  "Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come" (Jn. 16:13).  "Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory" (Ps. 73:24).  "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise" (Prov. 12:15).

By faith in Christ, we are freed from the penalty of sin; we are freed from the power of sin;
and one day soon, praise God, we shall be freed from the presence of sin!






No comments:

Post a Comment