Two of the seven churches of Revelation were considered to be faithful, and therefore, did not need a warning to repent (Smyrna and Philadelphia). God's warning call for repentance to the other five churches is as follows:
* To the church at Ephesus: "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent" (Rev. 2:5).
* To the church at Pergamos: "Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth" (Rev. 2:16).
* To the church at Thyatira: "And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds" (Rev. 2:21-22).
* To the church at Sardis: "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee" (Rev. 3:3).
* To the church at Laodicea: "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent" (Rev. 3:19).
In addition to the five churches being called to repent, the Apostle John warns the entire population of the lost world of their need to turn away for the path they are on, and to follow Christ:
* "And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts" (Rev. 9:20-21).
* "And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds" (Rev. 16:9-11).
Believers need to be faithful; the lost need to be saved: both require repentance.