* John 1:11-13 - "He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
* John 3:5-6 - "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
* Acts 16:30-31 - "And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...."
* Romans 16:24-27 - "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ...to God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen."
* Ephesian 2:8-9 - "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
* Philippians 1:6 - "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
* Hebrews 13:20-21 - "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
* 1 John 3:2 - "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."
ANSWER: Our salvation is the will of the Father; it is based upon our faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross; and it is a gift to us through the working of the Holy Spirit. What God began doing in us, He will complete: that is, He is making us into His Son's image and likeness!