Friday, February 26, 2016

JESUS IS BOTH GOD AND SAVIOR

If I said there is but one Savior and that He is God, the majority of the world's population would probably not question that statement; that is because the definition of the word "God" varies with each religion.  However, when I tell people that Jesus is the one and only Savior, and that He is therefore God, most are quick to challenge me.  That is because their religions do not recognize the Bible as God's revealed truth.  Here are just a dozen of the many verses which support my claim:

Psalm 106:21 - "They forgot God their Savior, (Who)  had done great things in Egypt."

Isaiah 43:3, 11 - "For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no Savior."
 
Isaiah 45:15, 21 - "Verily Thou art a God (Who) hidest Thyself, O God of Israel, the Savior.  Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time?  Who hath told it from that time?  Have not I the LORD?  And there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me."
 
Isaiah 49:26 - "And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."
 
Hosea 13:4 - "Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but Me: for there is no Savior beside Me."
 
Luke 1:47 - "And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior."
 
Luke 2:11 - "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."
 
John 4:42 - "And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that (Jesus) is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."
 
Acts 13:23 - "Of (David's) seed hath God according to His promise raised unto Israel a Savior, Jesus."
 
2 Peter 3:18 - "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever.  Amen."
 
The Bible uses the words "LORD," "God," and "Jesus Christ" interchangeably!
There is but one Savior, and He is both the LORD God and Jesus the Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment