Tuesday, February 25, 2020

A FEW "ODD" PASSAGES FROM THE GOSPEL OF JOHN!


WHAT MUST A PERSON DO TO BE SAVED?
BELIEVE IN JESUS, THE SON OF GOD!

John 1:10-13 - He (Jesus) was in the world, and the world was made (created) by Him, and the world knew Him not.  He came unto His own (people, Israel), and his own (people) received (believed in) Him not.  But as many as received (believed in) Him, to them gave He power to become the sons (children) of God, even to those who believed on His name:  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but (were born again according to the will) of God.

John 3:3-8Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  Nicodemus said unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old?  Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water (physical birth) and of the Spirit (spiritual birth), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again.  The wind blows where it will, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell from where it comes, and where it goes:  so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

John 5:45-47Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father:  there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom you trust.  For had you believed Moses, you would have believed Me:  for he wrote of Me.  But if you believe not his writings, how shall you believe My words?

John 7:37-39In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink.  He that believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  But this spoke He of the Spirit, which they that believe in Him should receive:  for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John 9:35-38Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said unto him, Do you believe in the Son of God?  He answered and said, Who is He, Lord, that I might believe in Him?  And Jesus said unto him, You have both seen Him, and it is He Who talks with you.  And he said, Lord, I believe.  And he worshipped Him.

John 11:25-27 - Jesus said unto her (Martha), I am the resurrection, and the life:  he that believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  and whosoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.  Do you believe this?  She said unto Him, Yes, Lord:  I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, Who should come into the world.

John 13:13-19You call Me Master and Lord:  and you say well; for so I am.  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; you also ought to wash one another's feet.  For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.  If you know these things, happy are you if you do them.  I speak not of you all:  I know whom I have chosen:  but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, He that eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.  Now I tell you before it comes, that, when it is comes to pass, you may believe that I AM He.  [Note:  "He" is not in the Greek texts.]

John 17:20-23Neither pray I for these alone, but for those also who shall believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that You have sent Me.  And the glory which You gave Me, I have given to them; that they may be one, even as We are one:  I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved Me.


BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS OF THE BIBLE,
AND YOU WILL BE GRANTED ETERNAL LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment