Wednesday, February 5, 2020

GOD'S LOVE COMES WITH A WARNING!


GOD'S WARNING TO UNBELIEVERS!

[All Scripture is based upon my understanding of the King James Version.]

John 3:5-7, 16-18Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water (physical birth) and of the Spirit (spiritual birth), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.   That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again. . . . For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life.  For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through (faith in) Him might be saved.  He that believes in Him is not condemned:  but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the Only Begotten Son of God.

John 8:21, 23-24Then said Jesus again unto them, I go My way, and you shall seek Me, and shall die in your sins:  for where I go, you cannot come. . . .  And He said unto them, You are from beneath; I am from above:  you are of this world; I am not of this world.  I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins:  for if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins.


GOD'S WARNING TO BELIEVERS!

1 Corinthians 11:27-32 - Whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of dishonoring the body and blood of the Lord.  So let a man examine himself, and then let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.  For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks God's judgment to himself, not respecting the Lord's body.  For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many have even diedFor if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.  But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Hebrews 12:5-11And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him:  for whom the Lord loves, He also chastens, and disciplines every child whom He receivesIf you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom a father does not discipline?  But if you are never disciplined by God, Who disciplines all His children, then you are illegitimate, and are not His childFurthermore, we have human fathers who corrected us, and we gave them reverence:  shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of His spiritual children, and live?  For they disciplined us as they saw fit; but He does so for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.  No discipline, for now at least, gives us joy, but rather, brings us grief: nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto us who are fashioned by it.


GOD PROVIDES BELIEVERS WITH A SOLUTION!

Romans 7:19-25For the good that I would do, I do not do it:  but the evil which I do not want to do, that I do.  Now if I do that I do not want to do, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.  I have discovered this truth, that when I would do good, evil is present within me.  For in my spirit, I delight in the Law of God:  but I see another law in my flesh, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from this body of death?  I thank God my deliverance is through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with my mind I am determined to serve God; but with my flesh, I am still subject to sin.

1 John 1:8-10 - If we say that we do not sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar, and we are denying His Word.

1 John 3:1-2Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God:  therefore the world does not understand us, because it did not understand Jesus.  Beloved, now are we the children of God, and we are not yet like Him:  but we know that, when He shall come for us, we shall be changed into His likeness; for we shall see Him as He is.


BOTTOM LINE:  TRUST THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment