Wednesday, March 19, 2014

BLESSED TO BE; MORE BLESSED TO SEE!

As a born again believer, I awake each day with mixed emotions.  On one hand, I am pleased that my work of spreading God's Word can continue, but on the other hand, I am very disappointed that I am not "present with the Lord" (2 Cor. 5:8)!  A few years ago, I was hospitalized with dozens of blood clots in my lungs.  At first, I thought they would just "give me something" and send me home.  Four days later, I remained "a prisoner" of Clark County Memorial Hospital! 

Shortly after they admitted me, a task that required much convincing, a Pastor came to visit and pray for me (I have no idea who he was, or from what church).  By that time, the doctor's "scare-tactics" had been successful, and I realized I may not even survive the night.  When the Pastor asked me if he could pray for me, I remember telling him "yes, on one condition."  I told him that I only wanted prayer for healing IF he would pray that the Lord would provide me with some ministry; there wasn't much use for me to live, if I could not be useful to Him!  He agreed; he prayed; and here I am!

Later, when my Pastor came, I told him of the condition, and he, too, prayed that God would use me in His service.  A few weeks later, Pastor Brian called me and asked if I would be interested in writing a blog.  To this day, I am not sure what a "blog" is, but it sounded like a good idea.  After about an hour, he had helped me design "skipslighthouse," and with the very rare exception, I have "posted" something each day since then.  I praise the Lord for the time, the resources, and the desire God has given me to study and share His Word. 

That being said, if I am honest, I would prefer that I was finished with this temporary existence, and was dwelling where I will have just begun to sing after ten thousand years!  There are so many aches and pains in this worn-out body, that I cannot wait to be pain free, and healthy forever!  At seventy-one (and a half, as the teens like to say), the wear and tare on this "temple" indicates it's time to "rebuild!"  LOL. 

I will close this "self-pity" diatribe with my favorite verse of Scripture, 1 John 3:2:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."   

No comments:

Post a Comment