Man's problem is that he thinks he knows what is best, and he leaves God out of the equation! The Bible says it this way:
* "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Prov. 16:25).
* "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee" (Prov. 23:7).
* "Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes" (Deut. 12:8).
* "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes" (Jdg. 17:6).
* "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise" (Prov. 12:15).
* "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" (Prov. 21:2).
* "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good" (Ps. 14:1).
* "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" (Rom. 1:22).
* "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting" (Gal. 6:7-8).
But God warns us; we can trust in Jesus and go to heaven, or we can reject His Lordship, and suffer the consequences:
"That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (Jn. 3:15-18)!
Choose you this day whom ye will serve!