Tuesday, May 17, 2016

IS THERE ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO CONVICT YOU

I have heard many preachers say, "If you were on trial for being a Christian, would the court have enough evidence to convict you?"  The Bible tells us that the evidence needed to "convict a Christian," is determined by whether or not he is an overcomer.
 
THE ONE FACTOR THAT DETERMINES WHO IS AN OVERCOMER
 
1 John 5:1-5 - "Whosoever BELIEVETH that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth Him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of Him.  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments.  For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.  For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even OUR FAITHWho is he that overcometh the world, but he that BELIEVETH that Jesus is the Son of God?"
 
OVERCOMERING IS EVIDENCED BY  LOVE
 
Galatians 5:13-14 - "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.  For all the Law (God's commandments) is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 
 
THE REWARD FOR OVERCOMING 

Revelation 2:7 - "...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."
Revelation 2:11 - "...He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death."
Revelation 2:17 - "...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
Revelation 2:26 - "And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations."
Revelation 3:5 - "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels."
Revelation 3:12 - "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from My God: and I will write upon him My new name."
Revelation 3:21 - "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, an am set down with My Father in His throne."
Revelation 21:7 - "He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son."

Do you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sin?
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the risen Son of God?
Then you are an overcomer!

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment