When someone asks who a man or woman is, usually the answer will be, Oh, that's the Pastor, or a school teacher, or a policeman, etc.; the same is often true of how Bible students describe Jesus; Oh, He is the Savior. However, He is much more than just what He does:
* Jesus is the Creator (Jn. 1:1-3; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2; etc.)!
* Jesus is God (Isa. 9:6; Jn. 1:1, 14; Phil. 2:5-11; 1 Jn. 5:7; etc.)!
* Jesus is a member of the Trinity (Gen. 1:26; Mt. 3:16-17; 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; etc.)!
* Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of the Father (Jn. 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9; etc.)!
* Jesus is called "the Son of God" forty-six times in the New Testament!
* Jesus is called "Lord" one hundred sixteen times in the New Testament!
* Jesus is Israel's Messiah (Mt. 2:2; Jn. 1:41; 4:25-26; Rev. 17:4; etc.)!
About His Second Coming, the Apostle John wrote:
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself. And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" (Rev. 19:11-16).
When you accept Jesus, you are acknowledging His authority over your life!
One cannot work his way to heaven (Eph. 2:8-9)!
However, works of obedience follow those who are going there (Eph. 2:10)!