Monday, May 16, 2016

WHO IS GOD?

The fact that God is a Trinity, is first indicated in Genesis 1:1, where the Hebrew word translated "God" (Elohim) is plural.  In Genesis 1:26-27, the Scripture uses both singular and plural pronouns for God: 
"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.  So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

Just in the New Testament Gospels alone, God is called "The Father" sixty-one times!  Jesus, Who is identified as God's "only begotten Son" (Jn. 1:18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9), states that God is His Father:
*   Matthew 26:29 - "But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom."
*   Luke 2:49 - "And He said unto them, How is it that ye sought Me?  (Knew) ye not that I must be about My Father's business?"
*   John 2:16 - "And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not My Father's house an house of merchandise."
*   John 5:43 - "I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not:  if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."
*   John 10:25 - "Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not:  the works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me."
*   John 10:29 - "My Father, which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand."
*   John 14:2 - "In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you."
*   John 15:10 - "If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love."

The Scriptures also declare that whosoever places his or her faith in Jesus Christ, becomes the adopted child of God (Jn. 1:12; Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 4:6; Eph. 1:5; 1 Jn. 3:2)!  As such, Jesus states that His Father is also our Father:

*   John 20:17 - "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God."  [Note:  For "your Father, see also:  Mt. 5:16, 45, 48; 6:1, 8, 15; 7:11; 10:20,29; 18:14; 23:9; Mk. 11:25-26; Lk. 6:36; 11:47-48; 12:30,32; and Jn. 8:42.]
*   Matthew 6:9 - "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name."
*   Luke 11:2 - "And He said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.  Thy kingdom come.  Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth."

 
If God is not your God and Father, then Satan is (Jn. 8:38-44)!


No comments:

Post a Comment