- "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, [Strong's Number G4074 matches the Greek Πέτρος (Petros), a masculine noun which occurs 162 times in 157 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV, 161 of which are translated "Peter" and the remaining one "stone"]
- and upon this ROCK [Strong's Number G4073 matches the Greek πέτρα (petra), a feminine noun which occurs 16 times in 14 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV, and all 16 are translated "stone" - a "stone" large enough to serve as the foundation for a house (Mt.7:24-25)]
- I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
* Romans 9:32-33 - "Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the Law. For they stumbled at that Stumbling-stone; as it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a Stumbling-stone and Rock of Offence: and whosoever BELIEVETH ON HIM shall not be ashamed."
* 1 Peter 2:4-8 - "To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a Chief Corner Stone, elect, precious: and he that BELIEVETH ON HIM shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe He is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the Stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, and a Stone of Stumbling, and a Rock of Offence, even to them which stumble at the Word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed."
* Exodus 17:6 - "Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the Rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the Rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel."
*Numbers 20:7-12 - "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink. And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as He commanded him. And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the Rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this Rock? And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the Rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also. And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed Me not, to sanctify Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them."
* 1 Corinthians 10:4 - "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: AND THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST." [Paul identifies the "Rock" as Jesus Christ]
THE TRUE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON FAITH IN JESUS, NOT PETER!