Saturday, December 29, 2012

I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS

Today, I read a quote from Betty Draper on Facebook, of a poetic, prayerful statement by Nancy Guthrie, and I was taken by its beauty and humility.  I have changed it some in order to personalize it to express my heart's desire, and the frustration I, as a born again believer in Jesus Christ, feel being limited in this mortal shell.
 
 
I WANT TO SUBMIT
 
                                     "I don't want to try to change God's mind---
                                     His thoughts are perfect.
                                     I want to think His thoughts.
                                     But alas, my mind is incapable of it. 
 
                                     I don't want to change God's timing---
                                     His timing is perfect.
                                     I want the grace to accept His timing.
                                     But alas, my patience is incapable of it. 
 
                                     I don't want to change God's plan---
                                     His plan is perfect.
                                     I want to embrace His plan.
                                     But alas, I will only see it when I finally see Him!"
 
 
 
I rejoice in the knowledge that, at the age of seventy, I do not have long to wait until I am no longer limited in knowing His thoughts, knowing His timing, and seeing how it all works together for His glory, revealed in His wonderful plan!  1 John 3:2 says, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment