The Antichrist: The Greek antichristos is a combination of ante and christos. The word anti can mean "opposed to," or "in the place of." Christos is obviously Christ. In the case of the Antichrist or first Beast of Revelation, both definitions are applicable.
shared these observations: Middletown Bible Church
- Christ is from Heaven (Jn. 6:38); Antichrist is from the Pit (Rev. 11:7).
- Christ came in His Father's name (Jn. 5:43); Antichrist, his own name (Jn. 5:43).
- Christ humbled Himself (Phil. 2:8); Antichrist will exalt himself (2 Thes. 2:4).
- Christ was despised (Lk. 23:18); Antichrist will be admired (Rev. 13:3-4).
- Christ will be exalted (Phil. 2:9); Antichrist will be cast down (Rev. 19:20).
- Christ does His Father's will (Jn. 6:38); Antichrist, his own will (Dan. 11:36).
- Christ came to save (Lk. 19:10); Antichrist will come to destroy (Dan. 8:24).
- Christ - Good Shepherd (Jn. 10:4-6); Antichrist - evil shepherd (Zech. 11:17).
- Christ is the True Vine (Jn. 15:1); Antichrist, the "vine of the earth" (Rev. 14:18).
- Christ is the Truth (Jn. 14:6); Antichrist is a liar (2 Thes. 2:11).
- Christ is the Holy One (Mk. 1:24); Antichrist, the wicked one (2 Thes. 2:8).
- Christ is the Son of God (Lk. 1:35); Antichrist, son of perdition (2 Thes. 2:3).
- Christ is the Man of Sorrows (Isa. 53:3); Antichrist, the man of sin (2 Thes. 2:3).
- Christ, Mystery of Godliness (1 Tim. 3:16); Antichrist, of iniquity (2 Thes. 2:7).
- Christ is my Friend (Jn. 15:15); Antichrist is man's enemy (Rev. 11:7).
- Christ is Eternal (1 Tim. 1:17); Antichrist is temporary (Rev. 19:20; 20:10).
Regardless of his evil intent, and his power to destroy, I have really good news for you, if you are a born again believer in Jesus Christ; you will not have to deal with the Antichrist. True believers, those who have accepted the free gift of salvation paid for through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, will be taken to be with the Lord prior to his being revealed. The seven year Tribulation, which begins when he makes a covenant with
(Dan. 9:27), also known as
the Time of Jacob’s Trouble (Jer. 30:7), and Daniel’s Seventieth Week (Dan.
9:27), will not occur until the Lord’s Church is removed via the Rapture (Jn.
14:1-3; 1 Thes. 4:13-18). The Lord told
the Israel , the true and faithful
believers, that He would keep them from the time of God’s wrath upon the earth
(Rev. 3:10). Church of Philadelphia
Praise the Lord!!!!!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!!!!!