This is quite ironic, in that, in their "effort" to reach Muslims for Christ, they seem to have forgotten the two words they have changed are the very words necessary to bring someone to salvation! After all, one is required to believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God in order to be saved! 1 John 5:12-13 says, "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life . . . ."
Here are some examples of those who knew Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, and some who recognized Him as the Son of God:
* A heathen king Nebuchadnezzar - Dan. 3:25.
* The High Priest - Mt. 26:63.
* Demons - Mk. 3:11.
* His enemies quoted Him claiming it - Mt. 27:43.
* The angel Gabriel revealed it to Mary - Lk. 1:35.
* The angel told John to tell the Church at Thyatira - Rev. 2:18.
* The Ethiopian Eunuch believed it and was baptized - Acts 8:37.
* The Disciples believed it - Too numerous to list here!
* Jesus, Himself, claimed to be God's Son - Mt. 16:15-17; Mk. 14:61-64; Jn. 9:35-38.
* God claimed Him as His Son - Mt. 3:17; 17:5-9; 2 Pet. 1:17.
"And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment" (1 Jn. 3:23).
There are many views as to the identity of Jesus.
But the only one that saves is that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD!