Saturday, May 11, 2013

MY D.N.R. ORDER TO THE DOCTORS


Recently, my health has been deteriorating, and while none of my family seems to believe me, I do not think I have long to wait for my change (2 Tim. 4:6-8).  In 1966, John Denver wrote and performed a song entitled "Leaving on a Jet Plane."  While I do not recommend the whole song because of its overall message, part of it seems to say what I would like my family to think about when I am gone.  I have altered it "slightly" to fit how I feel:

                                                       My sin's forgiven, I'm ready to go.
                                                    I'm standin' here looking out our door.
                                                  No need to wake you up to say goodbye.
                                                     The sky is partin' and it's early morn.
                                                     Jesus is waitin'; He's blowin' His horn.
                                                      I'm so excited, I can't wait to die!

                                                     Now the time has come to leave you;
  One more time, just let me kiss you;
  Close your eyes, I'll be on my way.
Dream about the days to come,
When you won't have to be alone,
  About the time of God's endless day.

So kiss me and smile for me;
Tell me that you'll be with me.
  Don't hold me, I really want to go;
  'Cause I'm leavin' on a "jet plane."
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh baby, I'm glad to go.
 
I have had heart problems for over fifty years, and on many occasions, I thought I was dying.  Recently, my congestive heart failure has my legs blood-red up to my knees, and I have had to sleep in a recliner because of the fluids building up in my lungs.  Of course, since I have spoken about my demise, my being prepared and longing to meet my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for years, my wife and kids have made a joke out of my "preoccupation with death."   To be quite honest, I agree that it is funny, and I laugh with them (sometimes).  But I tell them, and anyone else who feels I am nuts, that the Apostle Paul (not named after me) longed for the same thing (2 Cor. 5:1-8; Phil. 1:19-23; 2 Tim. 4:6-8). 
 
My "Jet Plane" has a perfect record of getting His "passengers" home!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment