Before God decides to pour out His wrath upon mankind, He does two things:
1). By His grace, He declares some to be righteous.
2). He lifts the righteous up above those upon whom the wrath is intended.
Noah: A Gentile
* Noah was a man, so his every thought was evil continually (Gen. 6:5).
* Noah received his righteousness by the grace of God (Gen. 6:9).
* After God changed Noah, he walked with God (Gen. 6:9).
* Noah was removed, taken up in the ark, before God destroyed the earth below (Gen. 7:17).
Lot: A Jew
* Lot was respected by the men of Sodom; he sat at the gate (Gen. 19:1).
* Lot called the men of Sodom his brethren (Gen. 19:7).
* Lot found grace in God's sight (Gen. 19:19).
* Lot was removed, taken up into a mountain, before God destroyed Sodom (Gen. 19:17-30).
Rapture of the Church: Born again Gentiles and Jews
* Born again believers are saved by the grace of God (Jn. 1:17; Acts 15:11; Rom. 3:24; 5:1-2; Eph. 2:8-9; etc.).
* The Church will not experience the Tribulation (Rom. 5:9; 1 Thes. 1:10; 5:9; Rev. 3:10; etc.).
* Jesus will come, and we will be taken up into heaven before God's wrath is poured out on the earth (Jn. 14:1-6; 1 Cor. 15:49-53; 1 Thes. 4:16-17; etc.).
* The time of God's wrath is appointed unto Daniel's people, the Jews (Dan. 9:24-27; Jer. 30:7; Mt. 24:3-29; Rev. 6 - 18; etc.).
Believe God: if He says build a boat, if His messengers say run, or if His Word says your salvation has been paid-in-full by His Son; know this: God can be trusted!