Monday, September 30, 2013

SEVEN VERSES THAT SAY IT ALL!

It always amazes me that regardless of what the preacher's says in his sermon, folks from the same audience will think he is too literal in his interpretation of the Scriptures, or that he "spiritualizes" too much!  I received a note that said I was a false prophet because I was writing about the coming Antichrist, rather than writing about the Second Coming of Christ!  I would like to respond.

I do not claim to know anything about the future EXCEPT that Jesus Christ will return!  Everything else is totally based upon "an educated guess."  As for being educated, I do not apologize for spending years in Bible College and Seminary, because I did not attend to become an authority on God or His Word.  I did so because I love God and His Word, and cannot get enough of it to satisfy my hunger for a greater knowledge of Him, and of His will for my daily life! 

I find it ridiculous that someone who would take the time to read my printed thoughts about the future, as I try to understand it, could somehow come to the conclusion that I am presenting my speculation as fact.  I challenge him, and anyone else who holds such a ludicrous view, to re-read what I have written about His Royal Highness El Hassan bin Talal, and find one single statement which says he IS the Antichrist.  The title of my 9/28 post is "MY GUESS AS TO THE IDENTITY OF THE ANTICHRIST."  My first sentence states:  "I do not believe it is possible to know for absolute certain, the identity of the Beast of Revelation 13:1-10, but, just as there were dozens of 'clues' in the Old Testament prophecies as to the identity of Israel's Christ, there is one man living today, who appears to 'fit the bill.'"  The title of my 9/29 post is "HE IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY."

I have been taught that approximately thirty percent of the Bible is prophecy, and one third of that was fulfilled with the Virgin Birth, Crucifixion, Burial, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus, who is the Son of God.  That leaves two thirds of Bible prophecy that remains; of that one hundred percent will be fulfilled literally with His Second Coming!  Until I am with Him, I will spend my life awaiting His return with the confidence that goes far beyond our English definition of "hope!"  For evidence of my "hope," 1 John 3:2 is my favorite Bible verse - praise God!

Rom. 1:13; 11:25; 1 Cor. 10:1; 12:1; 2 Cor. 1:18; 1 Thes. 4:13; 2 Pet. 3:8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment