Friday, November 8, 2013

ADD ME TO THAT LIST!


I gave my life to Jesus Christ in 1971, at the age of twenty-eight.  I had been an atheist, and through "circumstantial coincidences," God showed me that the Bible was the Truth, and that His Son purchased my life with His blood on a cross.  I rightfully belonged to Him, and my life of rebellion needed to change. 
For years, I have struggled with the fact that I still sin, that I am still selfish, that I do not love as Christ loves me.  However, there is one thing with which I have never had a problem since:  I am His! 
My favorite Bible verse says, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is" (1 Jn. 3:2). 
That verse not only lets me know that God does not expect me to be perfect this side of heaven, but that it will only happen when I am made like Him on that glorious day!  What the Father began in me, will at last be complete (Phil. 1:6)!  AND, it will all be to His glory that I am like Jesus; I will have nothing for which to boast (Eph. 2:8-9)!

No comments:

Post a Comment