Because God is a holy God, and all He does is righteous -
* "...the LORD our God is righteous in all His works which He doeth" (Dan. 9:14).
* "...the LORD our God is holy" (Ps. 99:9).
Man is required to be righteousness in order to go to heaven -
* "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?" (1 Cor. 6:9).
* "...what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness (and) what communion hath light with darkness?" (2 Cor. 6:14).
Man is not holy, nor is he righteous -
* "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Gen. 6:5 compare with Lk. 17:26).
* "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" (Rom. 3:10).
* "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).
Man cannot become righteous through works -
* (Salvation is) "Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:9).
* "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:5).
Jesus has provided us with His righteousness through faith in Him -
* "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Cor. 5:21).
* "And he believed in the LORD; and He counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen. 15:6).
Trust in the finished work of Jesus that makes Him the Savior!
Let your works demonstrate to the world that He is your Lord!