"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Cor. 15:1-4).The Gospel is the good news, that what God promised in the Old Testament concerning man's redemption, He fulfilled with the Resurrection of His only begotten Son! God said Jesus would be crucified (Ps. 22; Isa. 53; Dan. 9:26); He would be buried (Isa. 53:9); and He would be raised from the dead (Ps. 16:10)! And, according to these witnesses, He was!
* Mary Magdalene (Mk. 16:9; Jn. 20:1-18).
* Women returning from the tomb (Mt. 28:9-10).
* Peter (1 Cor. 15:5; Lk. 24:34).
* Cleopas and another disciple on the road to Emmaus (Lk. 24:13-35; Mk. 16:12).
* Ten disciples (Thomas absent) (Mk. 16:14; Lk. 24:36-43; Jn. 20:19-24; 1 Cor. 15:5).
* Eleven disciples (Thomas present) (Jn. 20:26-29).
* Seven disciples by the Sea of Tiberias (Jn. 21:1-22).
* Five hundred people in Galilee (1 Cor. 15:6).
* James (1 Cor.15:7).
* His disciples on the day He Ascension (Mk. 16:19; Lk. 24:50-51; Acts 1:3-12).
* Stephen (Acts 7:55-56).
* Saul or Paul (Acts 9:1-7; 1 Cor.9:1; 15:8).
* John (Rev. 1:9-18).
Jesus prayed for those of us who believe these witnesses (Jn. 17:20)!!!!!!!