"And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who He was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him: for He was to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received Him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That He was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Lk. 19:1-10).
* Zacchaeus was a leader of the publicans, or tax collectors (v. 2).
* Zacchaeus, like a cat, was curious (v. 3).
* Zacchaeus, like a cat, climbed a tree (v. 4).
* Zacchaeus was a Jew (v. 9).
* Zacchaeus was lost (v. 10).
* Jesus knew Zacchaeus' name (v. 5).
* Jesus was led there by the Holy Spirit (v. 5; Lk. 4:1; Rom. 8:14; etc.).
* Jesus knew the thoughts of His critics (v. 7).
* Zacchaeus, recognizing Jesus as his Lord, repented (v. 8; Mt. 5:23-24; etc.).
* Zacchaeus was born again because of his faith in Jesus (v. 9; Eph. 2:8-9; etc.).
It is not who you know that counts; it is Who knows you!
(Mt. 7:21-22; Lk. 6:46)