1. Christ was sent to do the will of the Sender (Jn. 4:34; 5:30; 6:38).
2. Christ was sent, not to please Himself, but to please the Sender (Jn. 8:29).
3. Christ was sent to seek the glory of the Sender (Jn. 7:18).
4. Christ was sent to represent His invisible Sender (Jn. 5:37; cf. 1:18).
5. Christ was sent as a model of the Sender (Jn. 12:44-45; cf. 14:9).
6. Christ was sent, nourished by the Sender's work (Jn. 4: 31-34).
7. Christ was sent with the message of the Sender (Jn. 3:34; 7:16; 12:49-50).
8. Christ was sent totally dependent upon the Sender's power (Jn. 5:30).
9. Christ was sent, but the Sender was always with Him (Jn. 8:15, 29).
10. Christ was sent to labor for the Sender (Jn. 4:34; 9:4).
Born again believers in Christ Jesus, have little problem understanding how these things apply to us as well:
1. Jesus sends us to do His will (Heb. 13:21)!
2. Jesus loves our work done out of gratitude to Him (Rom. 12:1)!
3. Jesus deserves all the glory for our works (Eph. 1:12)!
4. Jesus wants us to be His ambassadors (2 Cor. 5:20)!
5. Jesus wants us to be like Him (Col. 3:10)!
6. Jesus satisfies our hunger and thirst (Mt. 5:6)!
7. Jesus has given us the Gospel to share (Mk. 16:15)!
8. Jesus is our source of strength (Eph. 3:16)!
9. Jesus is always with us (Heb. 13:5)!
10. Jesus will reward our works for Him (Mt. 5:12; 16:27; 1 Cor. 3:12-14)!
When the lost world sees us, they should be getting a glimpse of Christ!
When the lost world hears us, they should be hearing our Lord's message!