WE ARE TO HAVE A REVERENCE FOR ALMIGHTY GOD* Matthew 10:28 - "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
* Luke 1:50 - "And His mercy is on them that fear Him from generation to generation."
* Luke 12:5 - "But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."
* Acts 9:31 - "Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied."
* Ephesians 5:20-21 - "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God."
* Philippians 2:12-13 - "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure."
* Hebrews 12:28 - "Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear." [ See Ps. 111:9]
* 1 Peter 1:17 - "And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear."
* 1 Peter 2:17 - "Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."
* Revelation 15:4 - "Who shall not fear Thee, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? For Thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee; for Thy judgments are made manifest."
* Revelation 19:5 - "And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye His servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great."
MATURE BELIEVERS NO LONGER FEAR THEIR FATHER* 1 Timothy 1:7 - "For God hath not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
* 1 John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." [Note: We will one day become "perfect" according to 1 John 3:2!]
ALL THOSE WHO ARE FILLED WITH FEAR DO NOT KNOW GOD* Revelation 21:8 - "But (THOSE FILLED WITH FEAR), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."