Sunday, September 4, 2016

JESUS IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST A SAVIOR!

THE "I AM" SAYINGS OF JOHN'S REVELATION
1:8 - "I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
1:11 - "Saying, I AM Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea."
1:17 - "And when I saw him, I fell at His feet as dead.  And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I AM the First and the Last."
1:18 - "I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
2:23 - "And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I AM He which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."
21:6 - "And He said unto me, It is done. I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.  I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."
22:13 - " I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
22:16 - "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.  I AM the Root and the Offspring of David, and the Bright and Morning Star."

THE NAME "JESUS" IN JOHN'S REVELATION
1:1 - "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John."
1:2 - "Who bare record of the Word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw."
1:5 - "And from Jesus Christ, Who is the Faithful Witness, and the First Begotten of the dead, and the Prince of the kings of the earth.  Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood."
1:9 - "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the Word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."
12:17 - "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
14:12 - "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the Commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
17:6 - "And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."
19:10 - "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See[thou do it not:  I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God:  for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy."
20:4 - "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."
22:16 - "I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I AM the Root and the Offspring of David, and the Bright and Morning Star."
22:20 - "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
22:21 - "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.  Amen."

NOTES:  (1) All of the I AM verses are during the time the Church will be present on this earth or the new earth.  (2) It is interesting that both Revelation and John's Gospel present Jesus as the I AM (eight "I AM's" in his Gospel, and eight verses in Revelation).  (3) "Jesus Christ" appears in the first verse of Revelation, and in the last verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment