Thursday, September 7, 2017

THE DEITY AND HUMANITY OF CHRIST

THE DEITY OF CHRIST
Perhaps the greatest evidence of the Deity of Christ, is the repeated statements that speak of Him sharing His Father's throne in heaven:

Matthew 22:44 - "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make Thine enemies Thy footstool."
Matthew 26:64 - "Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said:  nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."
Mark 12:36 - "For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool."
Mark 14:61-62 - "But (Jesus) held His peace, and answered nothing.  Again the high priest asked Him, and said unto Him, Art Thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?  And Jesus said, (I AM): and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven."
Mark 16:19 - "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."
Luke 20:42-43 - "And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool."
Luke 22:69 - "Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God."
Acts 2:33-35 - "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit Thou on My right hand, until I make Thy foes Thy footstool."
Colossians 3:1 - "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."
Hebrews 1:3 - "(Jesus), being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."
Hebrews 8:1 - "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum:  We have such an High Priest, Who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens."
Hebrews 10:12 - "But this man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God."
Hebrews 12:2 - "Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
1 Peter 3:22 - "Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto Him."

THE HUMANITY OF CHRIST
And yet, there is a single example of Jesus standing up in heaven; it is when He sees what is happening to His servant, Stephen!  I wonder if His humanity caused Him to stand that He might rescue or at least defend Stephen?  I have often wondered if the Father said to His Son, "Not yet My Son, for there is a time appointed for you to go get Our children."  Jesus is coming back for us, and based upon Bible prophecy, it will not be long (Jn. 14:1-6; 1 Cor. 15:50-54; 1 Th. 4:13-18)!  Even so, come Lord Jesus!

Acts 7:55-56 - "But (Stephen), being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment