Monday, November 13, 2017

IF YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS, GOD IS YOUR FATHER!

Jesus declared that God was His Father sixty-two times in the Gospels!  His enemies recognized that in calling God His Father, He was making Himself equal with God.  John 5:18 says, "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God."  Ironically, they were right; Jesus, is God! 
John 1:1, 14  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."  Here are a few examples:

Matthew 7:21 - "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Who is in heaven."

Matthew 10:32-33 - "Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father Who is in heaven.  But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father Who is in heaven."

Matthew 11:27 - "All things are delivered unto Me of My Father:  and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him."

Matthew 16:17 - "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:  for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father Who is in heaven."

Matthew 18:10 - "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of My Father Who is in heaven."

Matthew 20:23 - "And He saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with:  but to sit on My right hand, and on My left, is not Mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father."

Matthew 24:36 - "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only."

Matthew 25:34 - "Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Matthew 26:39 - "And He went a little further, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me:  nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt."

Luke 2:49 - "And He said unto them, How is it that ye sought Me?  (know) ye not that I must be about My Father's business?"

Luke 22:29-30 - "And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as My Father hath appointed unto Me; that ye may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Luke 24:49 - "And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you:  but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high."

John 5:43 - "I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not:  if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

John 6:65 - "And He said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto Me, except it were given unto him of My Father."

John 8:28 - "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I AM, and I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things."

John 10:30 - "I and My Father are one."

John 12:26 - "If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be:  if any man serve Me, him will My Father honor."

John 14:2 - "In My Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

John 15:15 - "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:  but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you."

John 20:17 - "Jesus saith unto (Mary Magdalene), Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto My Father, and your Father; and to My God, and your God."

NOTICE IN THE LAST VERSE ABOVE, JESUS TELLS HER THAT HE
WAS GOING TO ASCEND TO HIS FATHER AND TO HER FATHER!
AS BELIEVERS IN CHRIST, HIS FATHER IS OUR FATHER!  PRAISE GOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment