Friday, November 10, 2017

SOME OLD TESTAMENT NAMES FOR JESUS

Genesis 16:7 - "And The Angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur." 
Genesis 49:10 - "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto Him shall the gathering of the people be."
Exodus 3:14 - "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:  and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
Exodus 6:3 - "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."
Deuteronomy 32:4 - "He is The Rock, His work is perfect:  for all His ways are judgment:  a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He."
Job 19:25 - "For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."
Psalm 2:2 - "The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against His Anointed...."
Song of Solomon 2:1 - "I AM The Rose of Sharon, and The Lily of the Valleys."
Isaiah 7:14 - "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel."
Isaiah 9:6 - "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:  and the government shall be upon His shoulder:  and His name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 28:16 - "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for A Foundation A Stone, A Tried Stone, A Precious Corner Stone, A Sure Foundation:  he that believeth shall not make haste."
Isaiah 41:14 - "Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, The Holy One of Israel."
Isaiah 42:1 - "Behold My Servant, Whom I uphold; Mine Elect, in Whom My soul delighteth; I have put My Spirit upon Him:  He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles."
Isaiah 53:3 - "He is despised and rejected of men; a Man of Sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not."
Jeremiah 23:6 - "In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely:  and this is His name whereby He shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS."
Daniel 9:25 - "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto The Messiah The Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:  the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."
Haggai 2:7 - "And I will shake all nations, and The Desire of All Nations shall come:  and I will fill this house with glory, saith The LORD of Hosts."
Zechariah 3:8 - "Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee:  for they are men wondered at:  for, behold, I will bring forth MY SERVANT THE BRANCH."
Malachi 4:2 - "But unto you that fear My name shall The Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall."

WHILE NOT ALL OF THESE APPEAR IN THE NEW TESTAMENT,
ENOUGH DO TO SHOW THEY SPEAK OF JESUS CHRIST. 
TRUST JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR WHILE THERE IS TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment