Sunday, November 12, 2017

THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE CHURCH

JESUS IS THE FOUNDATION OF THE ONE TRUE CHURCH

Matthew 16:15-18 - "(Jesus said) unto them, But whom say ye that I am?  And Simon Peter answered and said, THOU ART THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:  for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father Who is in heaven.  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter*, and UPON THIS ROCK* I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Note:  The word "Peter" in the Greek text is Πέτρος (Petros), "a proper masculine noun meaning a small stone."  The word "ROCK" in the Greek text is  isπέτρα (petra), "a feminine noun meaning a huge stone such as bedrock."  

HIS CHURCH IS FOUNDED ON FAITH IN JESUS AS GOD IN THE FLESH

Deuteronomy 32:2-3 - "Because I will publish the name of the LORD:  ascribe ye greatness unto our God.  He is the ROCK, HIS work is perfect:  for all HIS ways are judgment:  a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is HE."

Psalm 28:1 - "Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my ROCK; be not silent to me:  lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit."

Psalm 62:1-2 - "Truly my soul waiteth upon God:  from HIM cometh my salvation.  HE only is my ROCK and my salvation; HE is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved."

Isaiah 8:13-15 - "Sanctify the LORD of hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread.  And HE shall be for a sanctuary; but for a STONE OF STUMBLING and for a ROCK OF OFFENCE  to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.  And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken."

Romans 9:30-33 - "...the Gentiles...have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.  But Israel, which followed after the Law of righteousness, hath not attained to the Law of righteousness.  Wherefore?  Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the Law.  For they stumbled at that STUMBLING STONE; as it is written, Behold, I lay in Zion a STUMBLING STONE and ROCK OF OFFENCE:  and whosoever believeth on HIM shall not be ashamed."

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 - "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and did all eat the same spiritual meat; and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual ROCK that followed them: AND THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST."

1 Peter 2:6-8 - "Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Zion a CHIEF CORNERSTONE, elect, precious:  and He that believeth on HIM shall not be confounded.  Unto you therefore who believe, HE is precious:  but unto those who are disobedient, the STONE which the builders disallowed, the same is made the HEAD OF THE CORNER, and a STONE OF STUMBLING, and a ROCK OF OFFENCE, even to those who stumble at the Word, being disobedient:  whereunto also they were appointed."

THE ONLY FOUNDATION FOR GOD'S TRUE CHURCH,
IS THE CRUCIFIED, RESURRECTED, AND ASCENDED SON OF GOD!
HE DIED FOR OUR SINS; LET YOUR FAITH BE FOUNDED ON HIM!


No comments:

Post a Comment