Wednesday, May 9, 2018

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

יְהֹוָה = YHVH = Yehovah = Jehovah = I AM = LORD

Exodus 3:13-14 - And Moses said unto God (אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym), Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God (אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym) of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God 
(אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym) said unto Moses, I AM (הָיָה hayah) THAT I AM (הָיָה hayah): and He said,
Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (הָיָה hayah) has sent me unto you.
[Note:  (אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym) is a plural masculine noun.  (הָיָה hayah) is a verb, meaning "to be" or "to exist."]
The word "Jehovah" appears only 4 times in the KJV (the same Hebrew word appears as "LORD" 6510 times):

Exodus 6:3 - And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Psalm 83:18 - That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

Isaiah 12:2 - Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid:  for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Isaiah 26:4 - Trust ye in the LORD forever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength....

Kύριος = kýrios = Lord = Jesus

This Greek word appears 667 times in the KJV, 117 of those are followed by the word "Jesus," and 84 of which are followed by the words "Jesus Christ!"  The words "Lord of lords" appear 3 times:

1 Timothy 6:14-15 - That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:  Who in His times He shall show, Who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords....

Revelation 17:14 - These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 19:16 - And He had on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.




So, I have a question for you:  When you are "sharing the Gospel with people how do you describe Jesus to them?  The Word of God is abundantly clear that Jesus is both God (Jn. 1:1, 14; 1 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:3; etc.) and Creator (Jn. 1:1-3; Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2; etc.)!   And as such, He is to be worshipped and obeyed (Mt. 2:11; Jn. 9:35-38; Acts 17:22-33; etc.)!
Acts 9:5-6 - And (Saul) said, Who art Thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus Whom thou persecutes....And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?  And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what Thou must do.
Acts 16:31 - And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved....



No comments:

Post a Comment