Tuesday, August 9, 2016

GOD'S WILL IS THAT ALL WOULD TRUST IN JESUS

Over my forty-five years as a born again believer, I have had the "privilege" of encountering folks who disagree with my understanding of Scripture.  Usually, people give me their view on the topic, and let it go.  Every once in a while, I have run across someone who is relentlessly determined to get me to agree with them.  While I do not want to be rude, and I do not want to cease discussing God's Word with them, I find I "am not mature enough in Christ," to suffer their endless pursuit of my "conversion."  So....here is how one is "saved":  by hearing and believing God's Word:

2 Peter 3:9 - "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Genesis 15:6 - "And he believed in the LORD; and He counted it to him for righteousness."

John 1:14-16 - "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:  that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 5:24 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My Word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

Romans 10:17 - "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

Ephesians 1:12-13 - "That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.  In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise."

1 Thessalonians 2:13 - "For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

Hebrews 11:6 - "But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

1 John 5:1, 5, 13 - "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God....Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...."

When you hear the Gospel, you must choose whether or not you want to believe it!
Believing God's Word is true, results in salvation, that is, eternal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment