Monday, August 15, 2016

THE PRE-INCARNATE JESUS WAS JEHOVAH

God revealed His name to Moses in Exodus 3:14 which says, "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."  "I AM" is the English translation of הָיָה (hayah); related to it is יְהֹוָה (Yĕhovah), which is translated "LORD" 6510 times in the Old Testament.  The LORD Himself is very jealous over this name as seen in the following:  Psalm 83:18 – "That men may know that Thou, Whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." and Isaiah 42:8 – "I am Jehovah, that is My name: and My glory will I not give to another."  Notice that Jesus is addressed as "Lord" 667 times in the New Testament!  Consider just twelve of the many references which apply to both  Jehovah and Jesus:

*       Zechariah 12:10 - Jehovah speaking, says "They shall look upon Me Whom they have pierced." (See Jn. 19:37; Rev. 1:7).

*       Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus saith Jehovah the King of Israel and His Redeemer the Jehovah of hosts; I AM the first and I AM the last; and beside Me there is no God." (See Rev. 1:8, 11, 17, 18; 22:13).

*       Isaiah 6:5 - "Mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." (See Jn. 12:41).

*       Psalm 23:1 - "The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want." (See Jn. 10:11, 14; Heb. 13:20).

*       Exodus 3:14 - JEHOVAH is the great "I AM." (See John 6:35; 8:12; 8:24; 8:58; 10:9; 10:11; 11:25; 14:6; 18:5-6).

*       Isaiah 43:11 -  "I, even I, AM the LORD; and beside Me there is no Savior." (See Acts 4:10-12).

*       Isaiah 45:21-22 - "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: Who hath declared this from ancient time?  Who hath told it from that time?  Have not I the LORD?  And there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside me. Look unto ME and be ye saved...there is none else." (See Jn. 3:14-16; Acts 4:12).

*       Isaiah 45:23 - "I have sworn by Myself, the Word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." (See Phil. 2:9-11). 

*        Zephaniah 3:16-17 - "In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.  The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing." (See Rev. 19:11 - 20:6).

*       Isaiah 40:3 - "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." (See Mk. 1:1-3).

*       Isaiah 8:13-14 - "Sanctify the LORD of hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread.  And He shall be for a sanctuary; but for a Stone of Stumbling and for a Rock of Offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem." (See 1 Pet. 2:7-8).

*       Joel 2:32 - "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:  for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call." (See Acts 2:21, 36; Rom. 10:9, 13)!  

YHVH = JEHOVAH = LORD = JESUS = GOD: 
TRUST IN HIM WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment