Saturday, August 27, 2016

THE BELIEVER'S RELATIONSHIP TO GOD

יְהֹוָה (Yĕhovah)

The Hebrew word translated "LORD" 6510 times in the Old Testament, is also translated "GOD" four times, and "Jehovah" four times.  The KJV also translates it "I AM THAT I AM" and "I AM."

Exodus 3:13-15 - "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.  And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:  this is My name forever, and this is My memorial unto all generations."

Exodus 6:2-3 - "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I AM the LORD:  and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

Psalm 83:18 - "That men may know that Thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."

Isaiah 12:2 - "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid:  for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation."

Isaiah 26:4 - "Trust ye in the LORD forever:  for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

θεός (theos)

The Greek word translated "God" 1343 times in the New Testament.

πατήρ (patēr)

The Greek word translated "Father" 263 times in the New Testament.

ἀββα (abba)

This Greek word is not translated in the New Testament.  "Abba" appears three times, and is always followed by πατήρ (patēr):  it is used in prayer and it indicates a "child-to-Father" relationship.

Mark 14:36 - "And He  said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto Thee; take away this cup from Me:  nevertheless not what I will, but what Thou wilt."

Romans 8:15 - "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

Galatians 4:6 - "And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father."

BEING BORN AGAIN MAKES US A CHILD OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment