Don't get me wrong; I fully understand their concern that most people who claim to be Christians, somehow believe that their "good works must out-weigh bad works (sin)" in order to be accepted into God's heaven. In reality, people who hold that view of Christianity, are no different than those who are trusting in any other religion; to them, it is simply one of the many paths by which one can earn his or her salvation. It is hard for me to believe, however, that a person claiming to be a Christian, can believe there are many ways to heaven; after all, Jesus said, "I AM The Way, The Truth, and The Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me" (Jn. 14:6 - emphasis mine)!
Whenever and wherever Christ is preached, He should always be identified as Lord! All New Testament authors identified Jesus Christ as Lord:
* Matthew wrote in Mt. 17:4 - "Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if Thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for Thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias."
* Mark wrote in Mk. 11:3 - "And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither."
* Luke wrote in Acts 4:33 - "And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."
* Paul wrote in Rom. 10:9 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
* The writer of Hebrews wrote in Heb. 13:20-21 - "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to Whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."
* James wrote in Jam. 2:1 - "My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons."
* Peter wrote in 1 Pet. 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
* Jude wrote in Jude 1:23 - "Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."
* John wrote in Rev. 22:20-21 - "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
EVEN THE THIEF ON THE CROSS CALLED JESUS LORD!