Tuesday, May 7, 2019

WHY ARE BELIEVERS SO UN-CHRISTLIKE?


GOD'S GOAL IN CREATING MANKIND!

Genesis 1:26-27And God said, Let us make man in Our image (tselem - a masculine noun), after Our likeness (demuwth - a feminine noun): and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.  So God created man in His own image (tselem), in the image (tselem) of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Genesis 5:1-2 - This is the book of the generations of Adam.  In the day that God created man, in the likeness (demuwth) of God made He him; male and female created He them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.


ADAM CEASED TO BE LIKE GOD WHEN HE SINNED!

Genesis 3:5-8For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as (like) gods, knowing good and evil.  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.  And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons (they were ashamed).  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day:  and Adam and his wife hid themselves (they feared God, having a guilty conscience) from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.



SALVATION, BEING BORN AGAIN, DOES NOT MAKE MAN LIKE GOD AGAIN!

EXAMPLE:  THE APOSTLE PAUL [Note the present tense verbs!]

Romans 7:14-25 - For we know that the Law is spiritual:  but I am carnal, sold under sin.  For that which I do I allow not:  for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing:  for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me.   I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  For I delight in the Law of God after the inward man:  but I see another law in my members, warring against the Law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  So then with the mind I myself serve the Law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.  [Note that deliverance from his present body was yet future, and would be the work of the Lord!]

1 Corinthians 15:50-54 - Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption.  Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:  for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

JOHN'S THOUGHTS ON A BELIEVER'S SIN NATURE!

1 John 1:8-10If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

JOHN REVEALS WHEN WE SHALL BE IN CHRIST'S LIKENESS!

1 John 3:1-2Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons (children) of God:  therefore the world knows us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons (children) of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be:  but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

JOHN'S FINAL WORDS:  A BELIEVER'S PRAYER!

Revelation 22:20 - He who testifies these things says, Surely I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

EVEN SO, COME, LORD JESUS!





No comments:

Post a Comment