Thursday, January 23, 2014

DISPENSATIONS OF GRACE

Dispensationalists generally speak of the current dispensation as the Dispensation of Grace, and as a result, those who oppose the dispensational approach to interpreting Scripture, point out that God's grace, like His mercy, is found in every dispensation.  I agree.  I strongly recommend we call our present dispensation, the Dispensation of the Church, or the Church Age.  Here are examples of God's grace throughout the Word of God:

Innocence - "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." (Creation is in
                       itself, grace - Gen. 1:26).

Conscience - "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and    
                        clothed them" (God gave Adam and Eve coverings - Gen. 3:21).

Patriarchs - "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (Noah - Gen. 6:8).

Promise - "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many 
                   nations" (God chose Abraham - Gen. 17:4).

Law - "And Moses said unto the LORD, See, Thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and 
             Thou hast not let me know whom Thou wilt send with me. Yet Thou hast said, I know 
             thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in My sight" (Moses - Ex. 33:12).  "And
             the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God" (Mary -
             Lk. 1:30 - "favour" is from the Greek χάρις (charis), which is translated "grace" 130 of the
             156 times it is in the N.T.).

Gospel - "For though I preach the Gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon
                me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the Gospel!  For if I do this thing willingly, I
                have a reward: but if against my will, a Dispensation of the Gospel is committed unto
                me" (Paul - 1 Cor. 9:16-17).

Millennium - "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the 
                        election of grace" (All Israel shall be saved - Rom. 11:1-29).  "That in the
                        Dispensation of the Fulness of Times He might gather together in one all things in
                        Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him" (Eph.
                        1:10).

God's mercy forgave me; God's grace will change me!

              




No comments:

Post a Comment