Thursday, January 30, 2014

ONE ERROR IS TOO MANY

Yesterday, I wrote my blog entitled, "Come Up Out Before I Pour Out My Wrath."  And while I received many "likes," I also received some "serious unlikes!"  Part of the reason for the "likes" is that the persons either didn't read what I wrote carefully enough, or perhaps they simply are not Bereans (Acts 17:11).  In any case, I deleted the post.  What I am going to write today will be what I intended to say yesterday, but I apparently got carried away with my enthusiasm.

There are signs that indicate the Tribulation is right around the corner.  One fellow wrote, "If there are signs that the Tribulation is about to occur, then those same signs must also indicate to 'Pre-tribbers,' that the Rapture is even closer" (my paraphrase).  As we see the world racing toward a one-world government, a one-world economy, a one-world religion, is it a stretch to see that we are very close to the return of Christ for His Bride (the true Church)? 

Those who pointed out the flaws in my theology in yesterday's blog, missed the point I wanted to make.  Yes, I know the Rapture, and for that matter, even the Church Age, are mysteries to Israel, and I know the typology of Noah and Lot are taken to represent world conditions at Christ's Second Coming (Mt. 24:1-51; Mk. 13:1-37; Lk. 17:5-36), but may I suggest an alternative interpretation?  Is it possible that the pleasant conditions of eating, drinking, and marriage, better describe the condition of the world when the Rapture occurs; remember, when Jesus returns, He will be coming to end the horrors of the seven-year Tribulation!  I could be wrong, and since I am so outnumbered by good, conservative Bible scholars, I most likely am.  Nevertheless, it is worth considering.

Yesterday, I erred when I said "come up out of" appears twelve times in the Bible in reference to God's instructions to Moses.  The actual quote is "up out of Egypt."  Regardless, the point I was trying to make is that before God brings judgment upon His enemies, He removes His people.  Moses came up out of the Red Sea, and THEN God destroyed the Egyptian army.  Noah was lifted up in the Ark, and THEN God flooded the world.  Lot went up into the mountain, and THEN God rained fire and brimstone upon the cities of the valley below.  God is going to remove the Church via the Rapture, and THEN the Tribulation will begin. 

If we see signs of the Tribulation, are they not also signs of the Rapture?

No comments:

Post a Comment