GOD'S GOAL FOR MANKIND
* Genesis 1:26-27 - "And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He Him; male and female created He them." [Notice He created man in His own image, but not in His own likeness; that will not occur until we see Jesus face to face (see 1 John 3:1-2 below)]
JESUS BECAME HUMAN TO DIE FOR US* Philippians 2:5-8 - "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
* Hebrews 1:1-3 - "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He has appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds; Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, He sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."
* 1 Timothy 3:16 - "And without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, and He was received up into glory."
JESUS REVEALED HIS TRUE IDENTITY TO MAN* Matthew 17:1-5 - "And after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, and brought them up into a high mountain apart, and He was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with Him. Then Peter said to Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if it is Your will, let us make three tabernacles here; one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah. While Peter was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and a voice from out of the cloud said, This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased; listen to Him."
* Revelation 1:13-16 - "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks stood One like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to His feet, and He was girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
His head and His hair were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire; and His feet were like fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice was as the sound of many waters. And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shines in its strength."
* Revelation 19:11-16 - "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He does judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself. And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of His mouth went a sharp sword, with which he should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He had on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."
BY HIS GRACE, WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM* 1 John 3:1-2 - "Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world does not know us, because it doesn't know Him. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."