Righteousness: no man is righteous, therefore, we need the righteousness that is God's, to be applied to us. Righteousness is purity, holiness, being what God created us to be - like Him!
* Matthew 6:33 - Seek, before anything else, His righteousness, which can only be from God Himself!
* Romans 3:26 - I declare at this time that salvation is based upon His righteousness: that He might be just, and the justifier of him who believes in Jesus.
* Romans 11:6 - And salvation is by grace, and not by works: but if salvation is by works, then is it not a gift.
* Galatians 2:16 - You should know that a man is not made righteous by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, for we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law: for the works of the Law does not produce righteousness.
* Ephesians 2:4-9 - God, Who is rich in mercy, because of His great love which He has for us, even when we were spiritually dead because of our sins, He has made us alive and saved us by His grace. And He has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: so that in the ages to come, He can show the exceeding riches of His grace and His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For we are saved by God's grace through faith; it is not because we deserve it, but salvation is the gift of God: not by our works, for then we could boast.
* 2 Timothy 1:9 - God has saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the world began!
* Titus 3:4-5 - Due to the kindness and love of God toward man, our Savior appeared, not because of our works of righteousness, but according to His mercy He saved us...!
Note: These are not quotes, but they are written based upon my understanding at this time.
When you read God's Word, read it with understanding; then apply it to your life.