THE KEY VERSE: TIME PAST; TIME PRESENT; TIME FUTURE* 1:17-19 - And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the First and the Last: I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and I have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which you have seen (Ch. 1), and the things which are (Ch. 2 & 3), and the things which shall be hereafter (Ch. 4-22).
MORE EVIDENCE THAT REVELATION IS WRITTEN CHRONOLOGICALLY* 4:1-2 - After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up here, and I will show you things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.
* 7:1 - And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
* 7:9 - After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.
* 11:11 - And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
* 15:5 - And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.
* 19:1 - And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God.
* 20:3 - And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
* 1:1 - 1:18 - The things John had seen before verse 19.
* 1:19 - The Key Verse to rightly divide Revelation.
* 2:1 - 3:22 - The Church Age.
* 4:1 - John: A type for the Rapture: the Church not mentioned during the Tribulation.
* 4:2 - 5:14 - Heaven prepares for the Tribulation.
* 6:1 - 10:11 - The first half of the Tribulation (three and a half years).
* 11:1 - 11:13 - The ministry of the two witnesses during the first half of the Tribulation.
* 11:14 - 12:5 - An overview of the Church Age.
* 12:6 - 12:17 - Israel during the second half of the Tribulation.
* 13:1 - 18:24 - The "Anti-trinity" rule (the Satan, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet).
* 19:1 - 19:21 - Christ returns and conquers the "Anti-trinity."
* 20:1 - 20:6 - Christ's Millennial Kingdom - Satan bound.
* 20:7 - 20:15 - Satan leads a rebellion, he is defeated; the Final Judgment.
* 21:1 - 22:20 - The New Heaven, New Earth, and the New Jerusalem: ETERNITY!