JESUS AS OUR EXAMPLE* Luke 24:25-27 - "Then Jesus said to them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into His glory. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them from all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself."
NEW TESTAMENT TEACHING ON HOW WE OUGHT TO LIVE* Acts 5:29 - "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."
* Acts 17:29 - "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's devices."
* Acts 20:35 - "I have showed you all things, how that by laboring, you ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive."
* Romans 12:3 - "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith."
* Romans 15:1 - "We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
* Ephesians 5:28 - "So men ought to love their wives as their own bodies...."
* Colossians 4:6 - "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how ye ought to answer every man."
* Hebrews 5:12 - "Though by now you ought to be teachers, you still need others to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have need of milk, rather than strong meat."
* James 3:10 - "Out of the same mouth you speak both blessings and cursings. My brethren, these things ought not to be."
* James 4:15 - "For that you ought to say, If the Lord wills it, we shall live, and do this, or that."
* 1 John 2:6 - "He that says he abides in Him, ought to walk, even as He walked."
* 1 John 3:16 - "This is how we know the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."
* 1 John 4:11 - "Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."
IF JESUS IS MY LORD AND MASTER, MY LIFE OUGHT TO SHOW IT!