* Mark 10:21 - Then Jesus, seeing him, loved him, and He said to him, One thing you lack: go your way, sell whatsoever you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come, take up your cross, and follow Me.
* Mark 15:30-32 - The two thieves said, Save Yourself, and come down from Your cross. Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; but can He save Himself? Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from His cross, so that we may see and believe. And those who were crucified with Him reviled Him.
* Luke 23:26 - And as they led Him away, they laid hold upon one Simon, a Cyrenian, coming out of the country, and on him they laid His cross, that he might bear it for Jesus.
* John 19:19, 25, 31 - And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on His cross. And the writing said, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS....Now Mary, His mother, stood by His cross as did His mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene....The Jews, because it was the preparation day, desiring that the bodies should not remain upon the crosses on the Sabbath day, (for that Sabbath day was an high day,) asked Pilate that their legs be broken, so that they might die quickly and be buried before sunset.
* 1 Corinthians 1:17-18 - For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the Gospel: not with wisdom of words so that the cross of Christ should not be effective. For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who perish; but to those of us which are saved, it is the power of God.
* Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should receive any glory, for all glory belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ Who bore His cross, and by Whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
* Ephesians 2:16 - And by His cross, He has reconciled to God, both the Jews and the Gentiles who, together, have become His body, thereby bringing us into fellowship with God.
* Philippians 2:8 - Jesus, being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
* Hebrews 12:2 - Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and He is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
This is how I understand these verses about the importance of Christ's cross!
What does His willingness to die on the cross for you, tell you about His love for you?