Friday, August 24, 2018

NAMES ARE APPLIED TO CHRIST WHICH CAN BE APPLIED ONLY TO GOD!


HE IS CALLED "GOD."
 
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...and His name shall be called...The Mighty God.

John 1:1, 14 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - - - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God!  

Romans 9:5 - Christ...Who is over all, God blessed forever.

Titus 2:13 - Looking for that Blessed Hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Hebrews 1:8 - But unto the Son He said, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever.


HE IS CALLED "THE SON OF GOD." 

Note: In the days of Christ, the title "Son of God" was understood to mean "equality with God."  That is, "sameness of nature."  To claim to be the Son of God was a full claim to deity.  

John 5:17-18 - But Jesus answered them, My Father works hitherto, and I work.  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 10:30-36 - I and My Father are one.  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from My Father; for which of those works do you stone Me?  The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we stone You not; but for blasphemy; and because that You, being a man, make Yourself God.  Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, I said, You are gods?  If he called them gods, unto whom the Word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken; say you of Him, Whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 19:7 - The Jews answered him, We have a Law, and by our Law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.

HE IS CALLED "THE LORD."  

Note: The common version of our Lord's day was the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament) which used the Greek "kurios" to translate the sacred name "JEHOVAH," which is written as "LORD" or "GOD" in the King James Version of the Old Testament. Isaiah 45:5-6 shows that "JEHOVAH" denotes the only true Deity.

Luke 2:11 - For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, Who is Christ the Lord.

John 13:13 - You call Me Master and Lord:  and you say well; for so I AM.

Romans 10:9 - That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:3 - Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed:  and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 19:13, 16And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood:  and His name is called The Word of God. - - - And He had on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.  

HE IS CALLED THE "I AM."
 
Exodus 3:13-14And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?  What shall I say unto them?  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, This shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.

John 6:48 - I AM The Bread of Life.

John 8:12 - I AM The Light of the world.

John 8:24 - I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins:  for if ye believe not that I AM, you shall die in your sins.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

John 10:9 -  I AM The Door:  by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:11 - I AM The Good Shepherd:  the Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

John 10:36 - Say you of Him, Whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I AM The Son of God?

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I AM The Resurrection, and The Life:  he that believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

John 13:13 - You call Me Master and Lord:  and you say well; for so I AM.

John 14:6 - Jesus said unto him, I AM The Way, (I AM) The Truth, and (I AM) The Life:  no man comes unto the Father, but by Me.

John 15:5 - I AM The Vine, you are the branches:  He that abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit:  for without Me you can do nothing.

John 18:5-6 - They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth.  Jesus said unto them, I AM.  And Judas also, which betrayed Him, stood with them.  As soon then as He had said unto them, I AM, they went backward, and fell to the ground.


SINCE JESUS IS GOD, THE SON OF GOD, 
THE LORD, AND THE I AM,
AND SINCE HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS 
AND WAS RAISED TO LIFE,
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE THAT 
YOUR RESPONSE SHOULD BE TO HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment