Wednesday, December 11, 2019

GOD REPENTED AND TURNED FROM THE EVIL HE INTENDED TO DO!


ISRAEL'S CLOSE CALL!


Exodus 32:7-14 (as I understand the KJV) - And the LORD said unto Moses, Go back down the mountain; for your people, whom you brought out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:  they have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them:  they have made a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed unto it, and said, This is our god, O Israel, which has brought us up out of the land of Egypt.  And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiff-necked people:  now therefore let Me alone, that My wrath may increase against them, and that I may consume them:  and I will make of you a great nation.  And Moses pleaded with the LORD, his God, and said, LORD, why does Your wrath increase against Your people, whom You brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?  Why should the Egyptians be able to say, For mischief did He bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth?  Turn from Your fierce wrath, and repent of (change Your mind about) this evil (extreme judgment) against Your people.  Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You gave Your promise, and said unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land of which I have spoken, I will give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it forever.  And the LORD repented of (changed His mind about) the evil (extreme judgment) which He intended to do unto His people.


ISRAEL WAS ABOUT TO LOSE ALL!


Jeremiah 18:1-11 (as I understand the KJV) - The Word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause you to hear My Word.  Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.  And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter:  so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.  Then the Word of the LORD came to me, saying, O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter?  Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel.   At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck it up, and to pull it down, and to destroy it; if that nation, against whom I have pronounced (declared guilty), turn from their evil, of which I will repent (have a change of mind about) the evil (the fitting judgment) that I thought to do unto them.  And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; if it do evil in My sight, and it does not obey My voice, then I will repent of (have a change of mind about) the good, which I said I would benefit them.  Therefore, go now and speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus says the LORD; Behold, I have framed evil (have determined a fitting judgment) against you, and devise a device (have worked out the details) against you:  turn now, everyone of you, from your evil ways, and make your ways and your doings good (as I will them to be).


GOD ALSO HOLDS CHRISTIANS ACCOUNTABLE!



1 Corinthians 11:26-30 (as I understand the KJV) - For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you do show forth the Lord's death until He returns.  Therefore, whomsoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, in an unworthy (irreverent) manner, shall be guilty of (disrespecting) the body and blood of the Lord.  But let one examine oneself, and then eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.  For all who eat and drink in an unworthy (irreverent) manner, eat and drink damnation to themselves, not discerning (respecting) the Lord's body.  For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many have died.

Hebrews 12:5-8 (as I understand the KJV) - You have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him:  for His children, whom the Lord loves, He chastens, and scourges every child whom He receives.  If you endure His chastening, God deals with you as His children; for what child is His, whom He does not chasten?  But if you are without chastisement, whereof all His children are partakers, then you are illegitimate, and not sons.


SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT TO ALL
WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST!



IT IS ALSO BEING ADOPTED BY
GOD, OUR HEAVENLY FATHER,
WHO BEGINS MAKING US LIKE
HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, JESUS!
(See Philippians 1:6; 1 John 3:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment