Thursday, November 10, 2016

OUR WORLD TODAY

THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN 
*  Luke 17:26-30 (SLV) - "And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.  They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.  Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but the same day that Lot went up out of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.  Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

NOAH
*  Genesis 6:11-13 (SLV) - "The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.  And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.  And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."
*  Genesis 7:16-17 (SLV) - "And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.  And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth."

LOT
*  Genesis 19:15-17, 30 (SLV) - "And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take your wife, and your two daughters, which are here; lest you be consumed in the iniquity of the city.  And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.  And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest you be consumed.  And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain...."
 

THE BELIEVER'S PRAYER
*  2 Samuel 22:3, 49 (SLV) - "The God of my Rock; in Him will I trust: He is my Shield, and The Horn of my salvation, my High Tower, and my Refuge, my Savior; You save me from violence. - And that brings me forth from my enemies: You also have lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me:  You have delivered me from the violent man."
*  Psalm 18:48 (SLV) - "He delivers me from my enemies:  yes, You lift me up above those that rise up against me:  You have delivered me from the violent man."

THE LORD'S PROMISE

*  John 14:1-3 (SLV) - "Let not your heart be troubled:  you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."
*  1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (SLV) - "For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:  and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:  and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  Wherefore comfort one another with these words."








No comments:

Post a Comment