SALT AS A PRESERVATIVE
* Leviticus 2:13 (SLV) - "And every offering of your meat offering shall you season with salt; neither shall you allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your meat offering: with all your offerings you shalt offer salt."
* Numbers 18:19 (SLV) - "All the offerings of the holy things, which the children of Israel offer unto the LORD, have I given to you, and your sons and your daughters with you, by a statute forever: it is a covenant of salt forever before the LORD unto you and to your seed with you."
* Matthew 5:13 (SLV) - "You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt has lost its savor, with what shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."
* Mark 9:49-50 (SLV) - "For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost its saltiness, with what will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another."
* Luke 14:34 (SLV) - "Salt is good: but if the salt has lost his savor, wherewith shall it be seasoned?"
[(SLV) = Skip's Lighthouse Version]
S - Stops corruption, decay, destruction, and rotting.
A - Always helps to preserve that which is good.
L - Loves what is good, light, and truth.
T - Treasures that which pleases the Lord.
V - Votes for that which slows evil.
O - Opposes that which encourages evil.
T - Takes a stand for righteousness and against evil.
E - Endeavors to promote good, and to withstand evil.
S - Stands with those who promote life, liberty, and justice.